Malaysian International Scholarships for Pakistani Students program aims to support Pakistani students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievements and leadership potential. It covers academic fees, living cost, and provide stipend to cover additional costs during their study. In 2024, Malaysian universities are offering fully funded scholarships exclusively for Pakistani students, providing them with the chance to receive a world-class education in a vibrant and diverse environment.
Who can apply
Who arecitizens from the recipient countries of MIS 2023
Who wantto pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Master’s/PhD) in Malaysia; or
Who arecurrently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian universities and selected private higher education schools with a minimum of two (2) semesters remaining before the end of the study
Note) Please refer to the list of Recipient Countries of MIS 2023 below please refer to the List of Universities below to view universities and institutions included under MIS.
High talent and first-class graduates from the following countries are welcome to apply for MIS:
Recipient Countries MIS 2023/2024
· ASEAN countries
· Commonwealth countries
· Saudi Arabia
· South Korea
· Hong Kong
· United Arab Emirates
- Candidate must follow the following criteria for their applications to be considered further.
- Applicant must be around40 and 45 years old at the time of application for master’s and PhD levels respectively.
- Possessing good academic qualifications.
- Master’s applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2ndClass Upper (Honour) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level.
- PhD applicants: must have at least CGPA 3.0 at Master’s level in course related to the intended study program
- Masteringgood proficiency of English Language.
- Score band 0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Candidate must obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) or
- Applicant have to obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of
- Submitting a research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is related to the area of interest.
- Research for Master’s and PhD applicants only
Level of study
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree
list of universities
Malaysian Government selected 20 public universities and 4 private universities as listed below are supported under MIS:
UniversitiPutra Malaysia (UPM)
University of Sais Malaysia (USM)
University Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
UniversitiTeknologi Mara (UTM)
UniversitiIslam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
UniversitiUtara Malaysia (UUM)
UniversitiKebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
UniversitiTun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
UniversitiTeknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
UniversitiSains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
UniversitiPendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
UniversitiMalaysia Terengganu (UMT)
UniversitiMalaysia Sabah (UMS)
UniversitiMalaysia Pahang (UMP)
UniversitiMalaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
UniversitiMalaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
UniversitiSultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
UniversitiPertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
UniversitiMalaysia Kelantan (UMK)
UniversitiTeknologi Petronas (UTP)
UniversitiTenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
INCEIF University (INCEIF)
BENEFITS OF MIS benefits of study
Monthly living allowance/Stipend of RM 1,500.00 per
area of study
- Applier are welcome to apply for any accredited courses with priorities given to courses under the following areas of interest.
- Artsand Humanities
- SocialSciences, Journalism and Information
- Business,Administration and Law
- NaturalSciences, Mathematics and Statistics
- Informationand Communication Technologies
- Engineering,Manufacturing and Construction
- Agriculture,Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
- Welfare and Health (not including medicine, nursing, and pharmacy)
Applications will be well thought out according to the following selection criteria:
Outstandingacademic and co-curricular
Theworth of the research proposal and its contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being, with a preference for Malaysia.
Applicant must be competent and excellentin communication, writing and reading skills in English
term & condition
- Applicant must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected universities and higher education
- Applicant must not change their study program while during pursuing of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the Ministry of Higher
- Candidatemust fulfill the requirements of the study program and have to obey by Malaysian laws and the university’s rules, regulations.
- Anysuspension from the university will effect in the scholar’s immediate suspension of the Monthly allowances and stipends are not payable during the suspension.
- It’sresponsibility of the successful candidate to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa, including a medical report. Further details are available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my.
For further inquiries regarding MIS, please contact:
Phone: +603-8888 1616 / +603-8870 6323 / +603-8870 6346
(9.00 am – 4.30 pm Malaysia time / Monday – Friday)
For any technical assistance regarding MIS application form, please submit an e-mail with screenshot(s) of the issue to: email@example.com