175 – 265 words
Cite at least one (1) peer-reviewed reference
Do not answer questions in the attachment
Respond to the following:
1. How does Amazon’s supply chain work?
2. How has Amazon’s supply chain given it a competitive advantage?
3. In the exercise (see attachment), what additional research should the consulting team gather and analyze?
4. In the exercise (see attachment), what process should the consulting team recommend for solving the internal risks to the supply chain and mitigating the conflict between labor and senior management?OPS 574 Interactive Analysis
Title: Interactive Analysis: Creating Value Through Operations
Title: About Your Company
The company you work for, a business consulting firm, has been contracted by Amazon to evaluate some problems that they are having with their supply chain and to make recommendations to improve their processes.
Amazon is an online retailer whose supply chain makes it possible to purchase and receive a broad variety of goods with same- day, one-day, or two-day delivery. Low prices, large selection of products, and speedy delivery are the core value propositions of Amazon.
Title: About You
You are working in a remote group of four other team members. You have several collaborative tools at your disposal, including a messaging board, email, video conferencing, and of course, phone. You’ve decided to begin this project by having a fact-finding meeting with key personnel at Amazon.
Your team consists of cross-functional specialists in leadership, conflict management, logistics, information technology, and supply chain management.
Title: Meet Your Colleagues
Marcy: Marcy is the Director of Customer Fulfillment for the Northeast United States. She is a Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager by training. She has been with Amazon for 8 years and led the efforts to integrate robots and automation in the warehouses.
Liu: Liu is the Assistant Director of Supply Chain Operations — Northeast United States. She worked with Marcy to develop a productivity matrix for employees in the Amazon Fulfillment Centers. She has been with the company for 5 years.
Bruno: Bruno is the Operations Manager at Amazon’s fulfillment center near Boston. He schedules employees based on forecasted work and oversees day-to-day operations on the floor. Bruno has been with the company for 12 years. He began as a delivery driver and has worked his way up.
Title: Meet Your Colleagues
Ben: Ben is the Operations Forecaster — Boston Fulfillment. Ben’s job is to accurately predict work flow and volume and provide that data to Bruno in a timely manner so he can ensure the fulfillment center is adequately staffed at all times. He is a recent college graduate and has been with the company for six months.
Martin: Martin is a Senior Fulfillment Associate at the Boston facility. He has been with the company for 6 years. He recently was out on short-term disability for ruptured discs in his back, which he claims were caused by unreasonable productivity quotas and safety violations. Although he has only complained internally, other employees have filed claims of unsafe work environment with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which is investigating the claims.
You join the first video conference with your team. It is 11 a.m. ET.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.