Broadway musicals are a popular medium for breathing new life into historical figures—(Alexander) Hamilton—and presenting aspects of contemporary society and culture in a new way—The Book of Mormon. Unlike opera, which is typically set to Classical or modern art music, musicals tend to draw from contemporary popular music styles.
Select either an overlooked or misunderstood historical figure or a distinct sub-culture (not musically themed) and discuss what type of popular music would influence its presentation as a musical.
Describe characteristics of the music genre’s style such as melody, rhythm, texture, and timbre, and reference three example pieces in your essay with YouTube links cited at the end.
Explain how your chosen style of music would guide the audience’s attitude toward the historical figure or cultural group and, perhaps, offer an alternative viewpoint than ones frequently held.
What stagecraft details would further guide this interpretation?
Length: 400-word minimum
Format: MLA, including in-text citations and a list of references
NO Plagiarism !!! Must cite any all references used. NO ANDS,IFS or BUTS
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.