English 201: Professor Rives -Essay #2Due Date: W 3/30 @ 11:59Description: As a compare/contrast essay, this essay should connect Denis Johnson’s Jesus Son or Sophocles’ Antigone to either O’Connor’s “The Lame Shall Enter First” or Willa Cather’s “Paul’s Case” or any of the other texts we have read this semester. Again, you must plan to submit your best effort even if it is not “perfect.” I expect to see a focused argumentative thesis with supporting points based on textual analysis. Use the text as support, and do not stop short in your analysis. A quotation from the text will not illustrate your thesis on its own. You must tell the reader, through close reading and elaboration upon the quotation, how it illustrates your thesis. It is also better to elaborate in detail upon one example in a paragraph than to bring in too many undeveloped examples. Papers must also use MLA in-text citation style. You should write each paper about at least one NEW text, meaning, you should not write all of your essays on “Paul’s Case,” for example. Requirements:3-4 double-spaced pages in 12 pt/Times New Roman font. (Use standard one inch margins and number your pages)An arguable thesis based on YOUR OWN interpretation of the text. Please use bold face to highlight.Direct engagement with the texts we have read. You must use quotation and analysis to back up your points. Consider using one, if not more quotations per paragraph. Instead of long quotations, break up and place existing quotations into your own writing. See the weekly guide for “sample analytical paragraphs.”A final product that is proofread and spellcheckedUpload to Blackboard “Assignments” tab How do you think Denis Johnson’s Jesus’s Son or Sophocles’ Antigone relates to our earlier readings—on the basis of religion or “innocence” or anything else? Here are some possible areas of focus:What is the meaning of the child here?How does the literature we have read examine the meaning of work or vocation?How do the stories explore the idea of self-making or self-definition?What is the role of the “parent?”What role do women, especially mothers, play?Sin and redemption: what role does moral responsibility play in any of the texts? How do characters “fall” from grace, and in what ways are they redeemed?What is the role of emotions/grief?What versions of the family/kinship are being explored in these texts
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.