LIGHT BULB WORKSHEET
Conserving the amount of energy we use is often suggested as an important way people can combat things like acid rain and global warming. It is also an excellent way to combat the high cost of living. The use of Light Emitting Diode (LED) bulbs is often touted as one way to cut energy use. These bulbs are not the strip lights you have seen in school building and stores. LED bulbs are the size of a normal light bulb but have a type of covering over the bottom part of the bulb (see images below).
To find out the impact the choice of bulb has on the amount of electricity we use save this worksheet to your computer as a Word Document. The complete the following activity noting that you will post some of the data to the Question and Answer forum on the class web site by Friday of this week.:
Visit Wal-Mart, Lowes, or ACE and find both of the following:
1. A box of normal (incandescent) soft white light bulbs. These must be 60W, medium base, soft white bulbs
. They may be general purpose or 2X (long life) bulbs
. Make sure that they are general lighting bulbs and not 3 way, fan, or any other color bulbs.
2. A box of LED bulbs that are the equivalent of 60W.
Make sure that they are general lighting bulbs and not 3 way, fan, or dimmable bulbs.
The LED bulbs will look like this: The normal light bulbs look like this:
You must find a LED that produces the equivalent light of a 60 watt normal incandescent bulb.
Note that the life of some bulbs is given as “year life”. For example 1.4 year life.
Each “year life” is equivalent to 3 hours per day for 365 days. 3 x 365 = 1095 hours. So, to convert “year life” into hours you will need to do the following: year life x 1095 = life of the bulb in hours.
Once you have found your 2 boxes of bulbs you
do not need to buy them.
Take 2 photos with each item; One showing you with the item, and one close enough so that it shows the price and the information shown on its box. Attach (paste/insert them into the Word document) the photos to the end of this worksheet.
Read the light bulb box and use the information provided to complete the table on the next pages.
LIGHT BULB WORKSHEET RESULTS
SHOW ALL CALCULATIONS
Price of one 60 Watt normal incandescent light bulb (not the pack just one bulb!) .
Life time of the bulb in hours. Convert life in years to life in hours if needed. Ask me for help if you have not procrastinated
Price of one LED bulb
Life time of the LED bulb in hours. Convert life in years to life in hours if needed. See me for help if you have not procrastinated
How many normal bulbs would you have to buy to cover the life of one LED bulb?
The Total cost of all the normal bulbs calculated in E would
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.