Assume that Bryan’s Big Auctions, Inc. is a corporation with its principal place of business in Illinois. Robert is a proprietor of a small shop in Florida that sells used motorcycles. Bryan’s calls Robert and offers to sell Robert 25 used motorcycles he has on his auction lot. Robert signs a contract with Bryan’s Big Auctions, Inc. to purchase the motorcycles. Robert has never been to Illinois; all of his business with Bryan’s Big Auctions, Inc. was done either online or via telephone. Robert, of course, knows that Bryan’s Big Auctions, Inc. has its principal place of business in Illinois.When Robert receives the motorcycles, he examines them and discovers that five of the bikes are damaged and do not conform to the contract, that states the bikes will be delivered in excellent condition. Robert pays Bryan for 20 bikes and refuses to pay for the five damaged bikes. Bryan disagrees with Robert and files a lawsuit in the circuit court in Illinois claiming that the bikes do conform to the contract and that Robert owes him the purchase price for all 25 bikes. Robert claims that the Illinois court has no personal jurisdiction over him, while Bryan claims that the state does have jurisdiction over him because he knowingly did business with an Illinois company. Assume that there is no applicable possibility of quasi in rem jurisdiction.Please write an IRAC-style essay explaining whether Illinois likely to have personal jurisdiction over Robert.NOTE: Please disregard the contract issue for purposes of this assignment. Focus on personal jurisdiction, only.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.